- Must be at least 14 years of age.
- Provide 100 Points of ID. Please check the SafeWork NSW ‘Evidence of Identity Sheet’ to confirm what you must bring to enrol in the course. If you do not have the required identification you will not be able to commence training. All ID must be originals not certified copies.
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test prior to enrolment.
- Enclosed footwear at all times and neat and tidy attire.
- Agree to turn off mobile phones during class time and place them away. Acknowledge that failure to do so will result in a removal from class and forfeiture of tuition fee.
Who is this training for?
- site managers, supervisors, surveyors, labourers and tradespeople.
- people who access operational construction zones (unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person).
- workers whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones.
General Induction Training provides persons entering the construction industry with a basic knowledge of requirements under WHS laws, the common hazards and risks likely to be encountered on construction sites and how these risks should be controlled.
Duration: 6 hours
The course consists of individual and group based Formative and Summative assessment, which is short answer, multiple choice and a number of observational activities.
On successful completion, participants receive a SafeWork NSW Statement of Training (SOT) valid for 60 days. You can start work with this immediately and your actual white card will arrive by mail within 30 days. Participants also receive a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry.
Location and Times
Granville Office: Every Monday 9am to 3:30pm. Please arrive at 0840 to complete admission paperwork. No admission will be granted to the course after 0915.
Liverpool Office: Every Saturday 9am to 3:30pm. Please arrive at 0840 to complete admission paperwork. No admission will be granted to the course after 0915.